Friday, September 18, 2009

Coming Late to the Party

To blog or not to blog? I've thought about it lots of times and come up with the standard excuses: time, commitment, what to say out loud, what to keep to myself, what hasn't already been said? No one will accuse me of being an early adopter on this one. But it's too compelling an opportunity, and a fascinating time to be inside the media business. So, I've decided to dive in.

I'm starting this blog, MediaCoordinates, for a couple reasons. In my day-to-day life, I have two perspectives: that of the avid consumer of media and information, and that of an entrepreneurial executive search business owner who consults to media companies and investors. I spend my days with (mostly) interesting people, ideas, and companies, in (mostly) one-on-one conversations. And I get to 'see' things from multiple angles. Here, I'll be able to weigh in occasionally with perspectives that pass my own idiosyncratic screen as interesting, thought-provoking, , or just worthy of a few extra minutes' consideration.

There we go. Let me know what you think. Looking forward to the broader conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment